Cuan Bhríde Childcare Centre
Fire Safety Policy
Cuan Bhríde Childcare Centre is committed to ensuring that the fire regulations are followed in order to ensure the safety of the children, families, and employees within the centre.
1. The service has all the relevant fire safety equipment recommended in the Dept. of the Environment’s Fire Safety in Pre-Schools booklet including fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and fire blankets.
2. The fire safety equipment is checked and serviced annually. These records are available for inspection when required.
3. Fire drill instructions are posted in each room.
4. The assembly point is clearly marked.
5. A fire drill is carried out with the staff and children every month, varying in time and day to ensure all children will experience a fire drill.
6. A record is kept of all fire drills carried out and available for inspection when required.
Updated 12 September 2018