Statement of Purpose and Function
This is defined in Schedule 5 of the Regulations. “Statement of purpose and function” in relation to a pre-school service, means a description of the service, including-
1. Who the service is aimed at – Children aged 6 months up to 12 years old.
2. The class/ type of service provided (Full Day Care, Sessional, Child Minder, Drop in Service, Part Time). Cuan Bhríde Childcare Centre provides Full day care, Sessional, Part time, and half sessional services.
3. The hours of the service – 8am – 6pm
4. The age range of the children catered for in the service, and 6 months - 12 years old
5. The number of children that can be catered for in the service –
Number of Children and staff
Baby Room - 8; Toddler Room 11; Rainbow Room – 18; ECCE room 22; After School Club up to 30.
60 Children can attend the service at any one time.
There currently are 100 children registered in the service.
Objectives of service
To assist and enable the developmental needs of children in our care on a daily basis. We will ensure to listen to the voice of the child/children and focus on their ideas and needs to form our curriculum and planning. We aim to deliver a quality focused curriculum addressing the Principles of Aistear and Síolta framework. Cuan Bhríde Childcare Centre operates under the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. To promote a positive holistic experience for children/ staff/ parents and guardians that shares our ethos and values respect.